Update on the new build for JF

Updates on how the rebuild is going. Hopefully, we won't have to be here long.
admin
Site Admin

Update on the new build for JF

Postby admin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Update: I've ordered a whole new (smaller and more affordable) server for the new codebase for Dreamwidth. The one I chose is a scalable cloud server, so that if/when JF picks up again, we can throw more resources at it and make it more powerful without having to go through the hassle of reinstalling the whole site. So that's what I'll be using to get us up and going on a whole new system based on the Dreamwidth code.

I'll simultaneously keep working on ways to import the old entries from the old site, so that we don't lose those. One way or another, we'll get that content back. I have everything, and it's just a matter of figuring out how to get it imported properly.

Thanks!

bakashinobi

Re: Update on the new build for JF

Postby bakashinobi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:31 am

Hey, good news! Thanks for setting this up and keeping us informed!

sockyskullhead

Postby sockyskullhead » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Good luck on the continued transfer!

Is there any hope that sign-ups could open after this? I know of a number of people who want to join up to the website, if only to do Fandom Wank stuff, and they don't want to go through anon-no-more to do it (mostly because they don't hang at wank report).

sockyskullhead

Postby sockyskullhead » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Excellent news!

I was wondering if sign-ups might open after? I know of people who want to join but don't want to participate in wank_report enough to meet the requirements for anon-no-more.

(If this double-posts it's because I'm not sure my comment went through!)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Hello! Yes, I will open up for sign-ups once we're back up and running. I'll find an alternative way to get new accounts approved without opening us up for spam. I'll need to see more about the admin functions for the dreamwidth codebase before I figure out the best way exactly to go about it. But with so little activity, there's absolutely room to bring more to the party. I just need to get the damn thing back up and running!

sockyskullhead wrote:Excellent news!

I was wondering if sign-ups might open after? I know of people who want to join but don't want to participate in wank_report enough to meet the requirements for anon-no-more.

(If this double-posts it's because I'm not sure my comment went through!)

Cygnia

Postby Cygnia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Good luck with everything, O illustrious Admin!

sockyskullhead

Postby sockyskullhead » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:30 am

Oooh, excellent news, I'll be glad to have new blood about!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:02 am

sockyskullhead wrote:Oooh, excellent news, I'll be glad to have new blood about!

Oops! I didn't see this yesterday. I do have the invite system working on the temporary site, so you can start getting new journals going even now. I'll be sure we get new journals moved over to our permanent home when that's all working, too. I just made a post about invites on the new journalfen.com site, actually. So hit me up there if you want invite codes to get started.

Thanks!

Return to “JF Updates”